Monday 8 August 2016

BEANS...BEANS...BEEEEEEEANS!!!

Hello FitFamFoodies!

Welcome to a new week!

I don't understand my new found love for BEANS these days.

Maybe it's because of how I pair the yummy delight with -

  • Plantain (my main love) or 
  • Yam or
  • Sweet-potatoes or even Garri (aka Cassava flakes) *wink*
Anyway my love for beans made me curious, so I decided to find out if it did my CLEAN EATING any good.

O my! I was delighted much at what I found out...'cause all I knew before I decided to find out  is Beans is rich in Proteins and because I am trying to build lean muscle these days I know I have to up my Protein game...anyway that's a different story altogether...so back to Beans. :)


I learnt that Beans are:

  • Naturally low in fat.
  • High in fiber. (I didn't even know that)
  • A great source of protein.


And what's more? Consuming beans may contribute to feelings of fullness and satiety as a result of the fiber and protein content. This last point just made me do a JOYOUS DANCE. *whoop whoop*

That is a double dose of goodness for me. 

So how do you eat your beans? I love to play with my food as usual and  have displayed a few images of how I love to eat my beans.






 

Follow me on instagram @bukikolade



No comments: