Tuesday 31 May 2016

BEING CREATIVE WITH REGULAR MEALS

Hey FitFam Foodies.

How y'all doing?! I realized many of us get bored eating the same meals over and over again.

 My question is "Have you tried preparing your meals differently?".

I challenge you, dare to be different, play with your meals if you have to, don't be scared to bring out your artsy culinary alter ego.

Let me share a few pictures on how I play with my meals, maybe that will give us some ideas. :) *winks*

Yes, play with your fruits. It doesn't always have to be a fruit salad. Make a fruit kebab.








Goof around with your greens. Stuff a cucumber with sauteed veggies. Make cucumber boat(s).










Do the same with your whole boiled egg(s). Stuff'em up. Make yourself some deviled eggs. Yum.










Tired of zucchini noodles, make yourself some cucumber-ghetti (I made that up). Lol!
(Recipe on how I made my cucumber-ghetti will be posted soon).









Though it sounds funny, when I hear people say they don't like drinking water...why not try making some "Pineapple water" instead then, yes you read right.









Certainly as a kid it's pretty obvious I didn't heed the warning never to play with my food. This is me having my cereal like a parfait.
A layer of homemade "coconut-plum yogo-icecream", another layer of cornflakes, and a fruit topping of red-grapes. Who needs sugar? Not me!







I obviously love to give myself healthy, yet yummy treats.
Here lies, a sweet-potato plum tart. A bulgur nut&fruit bar. A cup of low-fat yogurt with red-grapes dumped in.









Here is a Lettuce Veggie-Omelette Sandwich / Wrap with Mixed fruits infused (cranberry) juice.











I could go on and on and ooooooooooon. The thing about eating healthy is that you will need to be creative otherwise you will get bored eating the same meals all the time.

Eat the meals you love more often.
Make your meals interesting, so that eating doesn't have to be a chore.
Find what appeals to you, then incorporate in your meals. (For me it's COLOR).

EATING HEALTHY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE BORING.

Yours Truly,
Fitfam Foodie.

Follow me on instagram @bukikolade




4 comments:

pender said...

Nice one. Wat are d contents of d pineapple water?

Unknown said...

Fill a pot with pineapple peel,which you would have rinsed before. Pour water in the pot,just enough to cover the pineapple peel. Bring it to a boil,and turn off the heat. Drain the water out.

So the content is just pineapple peel and water.

Unknown said...

Awesome...

Unknown said...

Thanks